Cheddar Cricket Biscuits
This recipe was inspired by Entomo Farms, an American based insect farm. These cricket biscuits were super easy to make and made a great addition to my meals as well as a great grab-and-go snack. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cricket powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded chees
- 1/4 cup butter (cold)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- In a large bowl or food processor: mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or by running your food processor until the consistency is similar to almond or corn meal.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the shredded cheese. Use your hands to toss and combine.
- Add all of the milk and stir until a soft dough forms. Remove from the bowl and knead 10 times on a floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough out to approx. ½ inch thick. Cut into 2” rounds using a small mug or glass (flour the rim to prevent sticking). Place your biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until your biscuits are golden brown on the bottom and nice and puffy.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!